Bonita Smoke Shop
Powered by MaxBlogPress

Arandoza White Label

I’ll be digging into the stuff sent to me soon, but for now, I’m trying to get through cigars I’ve bought locally. The Arandoza White Label is something I stumbled upon at Ed’s shop recently. There isn’t a lot of information out there on this brand, but no matter, what counts is the experience. Let’s get to it.

Wrapper: Nicaragua

Binder & Filler: Nicaragua

Size: Robusto 5 x 52

Price: 6 to $7.00

Pre-Smoke & Construction:

This was a nicely constructed cigar. It was evenly rolled and packed. The wrapper glistened in the light, and had a woody and earthy smell. The draw had slight resistance, and the pre-light flavor was woody and earthy.

There was plenty of smoke volume. The burn line got wacky from time to time, but I never had to correct it. The ash was flowery, and held for about an inch.

1 Arandoze_White_Label cigars

Flavor:

The first third opened up with pepper. It wasn’t over the top, but it had that undeniable Nicaraguan zing. Up next was wood, sweetness, and an associated sweet bitterness.

2 Arandoze_White_Label cigars

Pepper calmed down in the second third, but it didn’t go away by any means. It was matched with wood and bitter sweetness. Earthiness and coffee lingered in the background. The smoke feel became crisp.

3 Arandoze_White_Label cigars

The last third kept the same basic flavors, they just differed in degrees of strength. Sometimes wood was the dominant flavor, and other times, bitter sweetness was at the front. A few times, that strong pepper was the only flavor.

4 Arandoze_White_Label cigars

Conclusion:

This was a good, eventful, medium to full bodied cigar. The cigar snob in me liked the fancy double bands and pretty wrapper. The price wasn’t bad either. If you’re a mild smoker, use caution on passing too much smoke through the nose. That pepper could get you.

Tags: ,

This entry was posted on Monday, June 16th, 2014 at 12:00 am and is filed under Cigar Reviews. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

10 Responses to “Arandoza White Label”

Vulture June 16th, 2014 at 2:34 pm

ooohhhh… pretty labels….

Patrick June 16th, 2014 at 3:10 pm

He’s baaaaaaaaaack…Don’t go into the light. Stay away from the light…! (dating myself with that reference)

Pretty labels, really? Nicaraguan puro? Being a Nicaraguan whore, I am all in.

Micah June 16th, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Great review Tom. Sounds like a stogie that’s right up my alley! Plus the band is nice.

Bryan Glynn June 16th, 2014 at 9:49 pm

Great to see you back!

Swede214 June 16th, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Thanks for the advice of passing the smoke though the nose.

bradfromtampa June 17th, 2014 at 4:56 am

Defintitely interested in finding some of these, I believe I read they are rolled in the la zona factory

jjo June 17th, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Nice looking stick – have you been rubbing bacon fat on these? Sounds good, and the price is right.

bradfromtampa – You are correct. Haven’t had any disappointments from La Zona.

Vulture June 18th, 2014 at 12:16 pm

@JJO rub bacon fat on them? BRILLIANT!

bradfromtampa June 19th, 2014 at 4:53 am

JJO, agreed, the Espinosa la zona habanos are amazing, after having those I’ve definitely have taken notice of that factory

Tom June 19th, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Vulture – You know I’m a sucker for marketing. I’m talking to YOU MATT BOOTH

Patrick – Poltergeist. I saw it in the theater. Twice. I win.

Micah – Think of the Le Bijou. Great smoke. But the bands. So prettuuuuh.

Bryan – DON’T CALL IT A COMEBACK. LL Cool J Reference, anyone? anyone?

Swede – That pepper can get even the most seasoned smoker. Ouch I say.

Brad – Nice little flavor/pepper bomb of a smoke. I couldn’t find anything more about them. If Google stalking doesn’t yield easy results, I just give up immediately.

JJO – Mmmmmmbacongrease. Thankfully one of the side effects is SUDDEN DEATH (heart disease). This doesn’t bother me.